pcMAINFRAME - Release Notes
What's new in pcMAINFRAME 5.30
New Features - Mainframe
Support for TCP/IP for VSE
Direct TCP support is now available for CICS transfers. This option eliminates
the requirement for PC terminal emulation during file transfer.
Enhanced date expansion capability
Now, date fields that do not carry century can be expanded to include century
during downloads to both fixed and basic files, in addition to the existing
capability for downloads to spreadsheet and database files.
These include a new faster and stronger checksum algorithm negotiated automatically
for Structured Field, LU6.2 and direct TCP/IP devices, as well as various
performance optimizations in the mainframe code for these devices.
Host Initiation Enhancements
New PCSCRIPT processing
This new feature provides for mainframe control of PC processing while running
host initiated transfers. The PC can be directed to perform directory and
file manipulation functions, execute programs, test and set condition codes,
etc. between file transfers. All Dialog facilities, except terminal control,
can be utilized during PCSCRIPT processing.
Improved Result Code processing
Enhanced return code handling provides for the following:
- Conditional execution of transfers and PC processes based on previous
- The ability to set a return code during PC processing to control next
- The ability to set a step return code to control subsequent processing
New Audit Trail Option
An audit trail file can be obtained in one of three formats. Fixed data,
that can be used to update a data base for online query, Comma Delimited,
that can be added to a PC data base for PC user queries, or as a viewable
New Transfer Report
A transfer report detailing dataset information, statistics and the results
of each transfer and PC process is produced
New Features - PC
Poll Interval Definition
The user can now override the default interval given to Windows for other
processes. This interval can be used to enhance transfer speed (a lower interval)
or to increase the allocation of processing time to other Windows tasks running
during file transfer.
Additional Device Support
Support for Windows 5250
IBM Personal Communications 5250 (Win32)
Client Access/400 5250 (Win32)
New LU6.2 Support
Microsoft SNA Server APPC (Win32)
IBM Personal Communications APPC (Win32)
- Fixed a problem with EXTRA 6.4 driver close during host initiation if a
session is cancelled or encounters a communications error.
- ENDSCRIPT / EPILOG errors that were not being properly reported or logged
are now being handled correctly.
- Fixed performance problems with host initiated transfers caused by an excessive
delay between record send/receive.
- Various Dialog problems are fixed.
- Return Code Checking is corrected.
- Concurrent Dialog processing caused occasional lock-outs.
- CHDIR command running as a separate thread caused synchronization problem.
- All know communications (APPX and XAPI) fixes and enhancements are included.